As prom dress season is once again upon us, it’s now the time to commence the search for your special dress.
Each year I speak to lots of girls about their prom dress. Here are my top five tips for finding the perfect dress for your prom (whether that’s finding it in a store, online or having it made especially for you):
- Be inspired: look at celebs on the red carpet, pull together a mood board of ideas (a great neckline you like, a fantastic colour etc).
- Be realistic: celebs borrow dresses worth thousands of pounds, so you might need a watered down version if you’ve taken a fancy to a particular style.
- Be practical: it’s impossible to have a backless, strapless dress (and believe me I’ve had several requests for backless and strapless), your design needs to be stunning but also wearable, you’ll be dancing the night away so need to be able to move in your dress, without constantly pulling it up or tugging it down.
- Be economical: don’t blow your entire wardrobe budget on one dress – remember there’ll be concerts, festivals and hopefully other frocks you’ll want to buy throughout the year, the night will be over all too quickly and whilst you want to look great, you’ve a long, hopefully, hot summer ahead.
- Be adventurous: don’t go for black! You’ve years ahead of you wearing black, go for a vibrant, get noticed colour instead.
…and finally, have fun!